Sunday, March 14, 2010

How to Gain Sympathy Weight

A couple weeks ago I was busting my buddy Matt that he was allowed to lose his sympathy weight being his little girl was over half a year old already. But now I'm starting to understand the logistics behind gaining the weight. I always thought you chose to gain the weight to keep up with your wife so she did not feel bad about gaining weight herself. This is not in fact true. I'm finding out that the weight just happens. Since we found out Shannon is pregant she hasn't gained a pound. On the other hand after losing about 9 pounds since Christmas, I have gained back 2 pounds already. Here's where it's not really sympathy. I am not eating to keep up with Shannon's weight. I'm eating because she is eating. When she eats she doesn't eat a lot, but she is eating a lot of meals. And when 9 at night I see my wife eating a really good snack or another meal right next to me, I smell it, look at it, it looks good and I join her. So the sympathy should be for the husband, shouldn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment