Sunday, February 7, 2010

Keeping Secrets for a Reason

I like to talk. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm always full of conversation. We have only known since wednesday that we are expecting and yet every day feels like a week since we have decided not to tell anyone yet.
Why haven't we told anyoen yet? The unexpected possibility of losing a child. We've had two sets of friends in the last year and a half who have told everyone they were expecting, and lost their babies. Talk about mountain to valley. I've heard several stats that one third to one fith of pregnancies end in a misscarriage. But it's killing me. Especially since people talk about having children or when we are going to have kids. Also, I know the excitement that this will bring to our families and friends.
We were finally able to tell someone yesterday. Our sister-in-law Kelsey. I know what your thinking, "I thought they weren't going to tell any one." Well, Kelsey works in the medical field in the OB area at the hospital where we will diliver. She also just had a baby, Leah, this past Fall (I blame Leah for some of this, but that will be for another time). We needed to find a good doctor and we wanted her opinion which she was happy to give. At least we have someone to talk to when we need to talk now. But again, keeping the secret is just torture.

No comments:

Post a Comment