Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Plus Sign

Today Shannon and I took another at home pregnancy test (well, I didn't take it, Shannon did. I just sat and was nervous). It was a plus sign. When you see that plus sign your mind starts racing, especially for your first one.
What kind of father will I be? Will we be able to afford what is about to happen? Are we really pregnant, or could that cheap piece of plastic have screwed up? How can I keep my mouth shut for two months (for the next blog)? Will we have the time to reconstruct a baby room? Boy, girl, other? Am I dreaming again? And this is just the beginning.
All I have to say is I'm extatic, and so is Shannon. She filled in for a coworker and did a 10 hour shift and had to be up at 4am. She should have crashed and nappen. She didn't. She just sat there and thought. She is beaming from ear to ear, I hope she doesn't tip off our friends.
I find myself also in a euphoric mindset. I'm doing what I vowed never to do as a manly man, talk to my wife's belly. And I did it in the first couple hours. I also find myself so connected to my wife that I just want to gaze into her eyes forever.
Then comes the full circle of this blog. Why do I keep seeing the image of that plus sign instead of a baby? Is it because her stomach isn't big yet or she hasn't started puking yet (she was writihing on the bathroom floor last night)? Is it becuase we haven't gone to a doctor's appointment yet or because we haven't told anyone yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment